Saturday, February 14, 2009

First Goal


So my first self weigh-in was today. I had been weighing myself every couple of days since I first started my journey on January 28th. Earlier this week I was down 4 pounds, and my goal of losing 5 pounds by today was within my reach. However, during the course of this past week I had an affair with some home made cookies and at one point I had gained 2 pounds back. Then there was the Valentines cupcakes that one of my co-workers brought in to work!! CUPCAKES ARE EVIL!!! So, when I weighed myself this morning, I was down 4 pounds. This is not a failure. Two steps forward, one step back.Four pounds is pretty good for just over 2 weeks. It's four less pounds that I weighed 2 weeks ago! Anything is better than nothing, right?

For my next 5 pound goal, I'm giving myself a little bit more time. My next goal deadline is March 15th. If I reach that goal before that date, then I'll set the new goal from the new date. To reach this goal, I need to be as motivated as I was when I first started this journey. I personally think that this goal will be easier to reach as we're getting into pads soon with football which means that I'll be working harder and sweating more which means more weight loss... provided that I don't have one-night-stands with "evil"!

I'm not drinking a full 8 glasses of water, but I am drinking more water than I had in the past. I've been pretty good with eating more fruits and vegetables instead of bags of chips and trips to the dark side. This isn't easy and I didn't expect it to be. Little tiny baby steps equals one giant big step over time.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! 4 lbs is definitely positive!! And you are right...better than a GAIN...see you still got to eat cupcakes AND lose 4 lbs!

    ReplyDelete