Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Get Slim Quick"

What's up with all these "Get Slim Quick" scams? I mean, do they really work? I know they have the disclaimer of "results not typical", but why not show us what the "typical" results are? I recently saw an ad for some herbal supplement type thing, where you take these two supplements for 30 days (or whatever) and you'll lose 25 lbs of belly fat (in 30 DAYS!). How is that safe? Don't Doctors recommend that you only lose 1-2 pounds a week? This burns just under 1 pound A DAY! These people don't mention if they got the jitters or if their heart was racing a million times a minute or even if they were supervised by their Doctors. I guess so long at it's endorsed by Oprah, then it's all good.

But what happens when you stop taking these supplements? You still have your same old bad eating habits, and will probably gain the weight back... unless you keep paying the $70 a bottle to stay on them.

And then what about that other "pill" that you take and it will 'melt away pounds of belly fat'? The ad says that all you have to do is take the pill and the pounds will "melt away". But have you ever read the fine print? The typical weight loss is like 3 pounds over 3-4 months. They say that diet and exercise is recommended... but isn't it always recommended on any kind of weight loss program? How can someone eat In'N'Out every day, take this pill and still "melt away pounds of belly fat"? Come on, get real people! There is no substitute for good old fashioned hard work! Unless you've got the bucks for liposuction.

Come to think of it, didn't some Doctor get in trouble for using patients 'fat' to run his own bio-fuel car? I think that he's on to something there. Sell your fat to 'fuel' companies! Lord knows that over 50% of the American population is over-weight! What a great way to lose the weight, stimulate the economy and help America go green!

I also found this interesting article on the true costs of losing 30 pounds, which is the amount of weight that I want to lose. It says; "Do your homework, and remember that there are no shortcuts or magic shakes or bars that will be your ticket to Slimville". How true is this?? Of the 4 different programs that they source, losing 30 pounds could cost you anywhere from $100 to $5000! I'm sticking with the program that has the price tag of "free".

Who doesn't want to lose weight quick? I'll be the first to raise my hand to say that I do. However, I once heard that I didn't gain all this weight at once, and I'm not going to lose it all at once either. Getting fat was a journey, as will be getting fit and skinny (once again).

1 comment:

  1. LOL I think you are referring to the Acai Berry LOL...I keep seeing those damned ads EVERYWHERE...sick of seeing them and not about to try it either!

    ReplyDelete